Call our Sales Team on 0208 912 2120

Hungarian permits direct from DoE

24th December 1971
Page 10
Page 10, 24th December 1971 — Hungarian permits direct from DoE
Noticed an error?
If you've noticed an error in this article please click here to report it so we can fix it.

Which of the following most accurately describes the problem?

• From January 1, UK hauliers will be able to apply to the Northern Traffic Area office in Newcastle for a permit for journeys to Hungary instead of having to get a licence from the Hungarian authorities. The Road Haulage Agreement between the UK and Hungary comes into force on that date.

The agreed quota of 1000 journeys a year by vehicles of each country should, says the DoE, be more than adequate for present UK needs.

Except for certain specialized traffics, permits will be required for all hire-or-reward journeys between the two countries or in transit through either. Carriage of goods on own account will be exempt from permit requirements provided an appropriate own account transport document is carried on the vehicle.

A memorandum, RTG/OUT/018, for UK operators giving further details, including a list of the exempt traffic, may be obtained free of charge from the Department of the Environment, Road Freight Division, Room S18/22, 2 Marsham Street, London, SW1P 3EB, or from the Northern Traffic Area.

Application forms for permits and any further advice about the issue of permits may be obtained from the Northern Traffic Area, Low Friar House, 36/42 Low Friar Street, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, NEI 5XR, telephone Newcastle-upon-Tyne 610031, Telex 53351.

comments powered by Disqus