If you've noticed an error in this article please click here to report it so we can fix it.
NORWICH UNION offers advice on the best practice for truck operators and drivers to minimise collisions with cyclists: • Ensure mirrors are free from damage and properly adjusted at all times.
• Avoid placing obstructions in the window area that may obscure vision and block mirror views.
• Respect cycle lanes and advanced stop lines.
• Always allow cyclists plenty of room when overtaking. Never overtake and then turn left shortly afterwards.
• Signal well in advance when you are approaching a junction.
• Remain alert and keep checking for cyclists while stationary at a junction, then check again before moving off.