If you've noticed an error in this article please click here to report it so we can fix it.
● MFR Haulage, which recently began transporting chilled and frozen foods, has bought a new Mercedes-Benz Actros 4x2 1851. The V8-engined truck will be used for ‘home comfort’ food deliveries to ex-pats in Spain, Italy and Greece, and is already returning 10.5mpg in its first three weeks of use.
● Recycling specialists Taurus Waste has added a Volvo FM 460 to its 44-strong fleet. The 6x4 tractor unit has been fitted with the I-Shift automatic gearbox, which, despite initial doubts, is reportedly performing capably on the landfill sites.
● Road maintenance contractor FM Conway is to take delivery of 31 Fuso Canter 7C15s. The 7.5-tonne Canters, with lightweight tipping bodies, have been chosen for their Euro-5 engines as they will operate throughout London’s Low Emission Zone.
● Brechin-based fuel supplier Carnegie Fuels has bought its first DAF to help meet the surge in demand for heating oils. The LF55 will tow a 13,000-litre Tasca tank used for transporting domestic and agricultural fuels.
● A new Euro-5 Renault has been added to Reclaimed Appliances 10-strong fleet of electrical and electronic recycling trucks. The 6x2 drawbar Premium 380.26 was supplied by Thompson Commercials and has been fitted with a hookloader/container body.
● Brewer Marston’s has taken delivery of five new Scania 6x2 tractors to help with deliveries to supermarkets and other brewers. The G405s will replace two Scania trucks and three Volvos at the Burton-on-Trent depot.