If you've noticed an error in this article please click here to report it so we can fix it.
• Hays has bought courier Corporation for £65m. It plans to merge two thirds of ICS into Hays Express Services and the rest into Hays Document Exchange.
▪ Securicor Distribution division Scottish Express -iiitional is to open a £6m freight terminal in Mossend, Lanarkshire on 11 September.
• ERF has won a: . ::ntiact to supply 24 heavy-duty sixwheeled tippers and a range of plant and other equipment for a road building project in Ghana.
• Motorways and trunk roads are twice as safe as other roads. Government statistics reveal. Half of all traffic was carried on these roads during 1995; they accounted for just 24% of accidents.
• A wage dispute at container carrier Goodway has led the company to make an improved pay offer to its 70 drivers.
• Lorry trailers can be carried on a being built at Rosyth Royal Dockyard. If successful it will be used on the GlasgowLondon line and later for crossChannel use.
The FTA is warning operators that they have four months to implement new dangerous goods regu1ations (see feature, page 44).
• Peter Maggs, owner of Midsomer Norton, Avon-based Poulton Ti.has been Fined £5,250 and costs at Bath magistrates court after he was convicted of 15 tachograph offences. Seven of Poulton's drivers were fined a total of £4,580 with costs for 108 offences.