If you've noticed an error in this article please click here to report it so we can fix it.
• East Anglian car, van and truck rental company Willhire has been brought from merchant bank Brown Shipley by its management team for £20m. The company runs 1,000 vehicles from 18 branches.
• Dublin-based Blueflite Logistics has won a fiveyear/£1.25m contract to distribute packaged lubricants for petrol company Esso in Ireland.
• UK distribution company Parcelforce has been awarded a £250,000 contract to carry a quarter of a million parcels a year for Middlesex-based office firm Offrex, The contract will run from Parcelforces' reading depot,
• Swift Transport Services the industrial division of Christian Salvesen Distribution, has won a £3m/three-year contract to handle DIY and waterproofing product manufacturer Ronseal's warehousing and distribution operation.
• Exel Logistics, subsidiary of NEC, has bought Barcelona-based distribution company Cedes Logistica from the Cedes Group. In 1994 Cedes Logistica made 2500,000 on a turnover of £8.5m.
• The Hartshorne Motor Group has leased the workshop premises of Staffordbased Ed Weetman Haulage and Storage for three years. Hartshorne will service the haulier's fleet of 28 vehicles and 33 trailers.
• Scania Contracts has delivered 29 P113-320 tractors to Ascia in a deal worth some £2m.