If you've noticed an error in this article please click here to report it so we can fix it.
MR. E L. ELLIOT and MR. P. B. LAKE have become directors of Lake and Elliot, Ltd.
MR. B. C. MAHON'S' has been appointed manager of the Sheffield branch of Simms Motor Units, Ltd.
MR A. J. WILLIS, technical manager of the Regent Tyre and Rubber Co., Ltd.. since 1941, has been appointed works director MR. J. T. HEADS has been appointed deputy general manager of Newcastleon-Tyne Transport Department. He was traffic superintendent for 14 years.
SIR RONALD LEON has been appointed chairman of the West Riding Automobile Co., Ltd., in which position he replaces his father, the late Sir George Leon.
MR. 34MES F. LEWES, vice-president of the Champion Spark Plug Co. of America, is on a visit to Europe and is meeting leaders of the British motor industry.
SIR GRAHAM CUNNINGHAM, chairman and managing director of the Triplex Safety Glass Co.„ Ltd., devoted the Whitsun holiday to a business visit to New York.
MR. S. W. KELLEND has become a director of Briggs Motor Bodies, Ltd. Since the company was formed, he has been secretary and an alternate director. He will continue as secretary: MR. B. S. WILLIAMS, managing director of the Hants and Sussex Motor Services, Ltd., Emsworth, has been appointed chairman and managing director of Southsea Royal Blue Parlour Coaches, Ltd.
ALDERMAN CHARLES 1-1oLpswoRTLI has been re-elected chairman of the West Riding (Leeds) area of the Road Haulage Association, with MR. H. TURNER, MR. J. A. M. BRIGHT and COUNCILLOR J. T GEE as vice-chairmen.
MR. H. E. POPE, whose duties as sales director of the Marsham Tyre Co., Ltd., were extended when he was appointed joint managing director, now assumes the responsibility of managing director. Having completed his Australian cricket tour, Ma, W. R. HAMMOND, a director of the company, has taken over the' direction of sales, operating from London. Other Marsham appointments are as follow:—MR. R. R. WILKINS, previously London sales manager, sales manager; MR. T. READ, formerly deputy divisional manager, divisional manager for the London North area; MR. C. D. ANTHONY, Watford branch manager, replacing MR. I. S. HEATHER, who becomes Chiswick branch manager; MR H. E. CADGE, Guildford bra,nch manager, replacing MR, A. H. DIXON; MR. M. F. LINDELL, Cheltenham branch mono ger MR. G. ARMSTRONG, general manager, Accrington Corporation, MR. F. E. COOK, general .manager, Southport, and MR. C. T. HomenoGE, general manager, Rochdale, have been selected to appear before Halifax Passenger Transport Committee in connection with the appointment of general manager and engineer.
LIEUT.-COLONEL FRANK SUTCLIFFE, a director of the Harrison Automobile Co., Bradford, has succeeded MR. HAROLD CUNDALL, of Thornton Engineering Co., Ltd,, as chairman of the Bradford Centre of the Institute of the Motor Industry. MR. J. C. AUKER continues as deputy chairman and MR. RUPERT LINDLEY as honorary secretary.
MR. RAYMOND BIRCH, who has been director of the British Omnibus Companies Public Relations Committee since its inception five years ago, has resigned his appointment because of increasing pressure of other duties, but still remains a member of the executive committee. MR, PETER YORKE, who joined the executive committee last year, has been appointed director.
MR. C. H. INSKTER, a New Zealander from Wellington, formerly a Lieutenant in the R.N.Z.N.V.R., married, in 1944, the daughter of Captain Percy Lane, of Percy Lane, Ltd., Planet Works, Erdington, Birmingham, was demobilized in 1946, and later joined the staff of the company, in which, we learn, he is making excellent progress. He saw service in America, Canada, •Bermuda, Britain and the Far East.
MESSRS. L. W. WAITS and J. R. BLADES, assistant engineer and foreign representative, respectively, of Searmnell Lorries, Ltd., are giving demonstrations and technical advice in various countries in order to form a closer liaison with the company's distributors overseas. They have just completed a successful visit to Scandinavia, and Mr. Blades is carrying on this work in the Near East territories, with his headquarters at Cairo.