Call our Sales Team on 0208 912 2120

Q As the operator of a 41-seater

30th August 1974, Page 45
30th August 1974
Page 45
Page 45, 30th August 1974 — Q As the operator of a 41-seater
Noticed an error?
If you've noticed an error in this article please click here to report it so we can fix it.

Which of the following most accurately describes the problem?

coach I have been offered work taking volunteer harvest workers from a town centre to alarm. The passengers will be asked to pay a contribution toward the cost of providing the transport and the farmer will pay me for transporting his workers. Could you tell me whether! need a service licence for this work?

ANo, you will not need a service licence for the work which you have described provided it does not extend beyond the end of November. Section 118 (6) of the Road Traffic Act 1960 provides that when a vehicle is being used, at any time during a period of six months beginning on the first day of June in any year, for the purpose of carrying agricultural workers to or from their work, it shall be deemed to be not a public service vehicle notwithstanding that those persons are carried for hire and reward.

From this you will see that none of the psv authorizations which would normally be necessary is required. Indeed, the driver will not require a psv driving licence.


comments powered by Disqus