Road transport in numbers
If you've noticed an error in this article please click here to report it so we can fix it.
• Total number of CVs in the UK is 460,600 (2011: 465,500), although 357,982 (2011/12:334,262) are in the 0-licence system.
• There were 80,894 0-licences issued in 2012/13 (2010/11: 87,747), with hire and reward operators comprising 46% of the overall market compared with half in CM's previous report.
• 29% of the UK vehicle parc is more than 31-tonne GVW, a percentage fractionally higher than last year.
• It is estimated that there are more than 220,000 trailers in use in the UK.
• The average LGV age is 7.4 years compared with 6.7 years in 2008.
• With an estimated 103,000 LGVs out with customers, the rental and leasing sector remains the dominant primary purchaser for heavy vehicles.