Dealers' Prices for Ex-B.R.S. Vehicles
If you've noticed an error in this article please click here to report it so we can fix it.
CURRENT prices being asked by two Lancashire dealers for vehicles with special A licences are
revealed in a printed circular issued by Hackett's Haulage, Ltd., and J. W. Fiekisend, Ltd., both of 229 Cross Lane, Salford, 5.
Some examples are: 1950 Bedford tipper, £1050; oil-engined 1947 Seddon van, £1,450; 1953 Commer van, £1,500; 1948 Bedford drop-sided lorry, £1,100; 1952 Scammell Scarab three-wheeler, £1,050; 1953 Bedford-Scammell articulated outfit, €2,350; oil-engined 1946 A.E.C. platform lorry, £1,850; 1949 Bedford fabric tilt, £900; oil-engined 1947 Atkinson six-wheeler, £3,250; 1944 Bedford-Scammell 10-ton articulated outfit, £1,450; oil-cngined 1939 Leyland platform lorry, £1,450; oil-crigined 1953 E.R.E. platform lorry, £3,350; oilengine& 1938 E.R.E. six-wheeled twinsteer drop-sided lorry, £2,100; oilengined 1951 Albion drop-sided lorry with Dyson trailer, £3,650.
The names of further successful tenderers for list 13 units, as well as many more concerned in assignments, are given below. Buyers of list R6 units arc reported on page 584.
NORTHERN AREA An articulated outfit (4 tons 9 cwt.) has been acquired by Messrs. T. W. Nixon and Sons, 5 Craw Hall, Brampton. • Three more vehicles (31 tons) have gone to J. W. Capstaff, Ltd., Eastern and Western Lodges. Off Coach Lane, Little Benton, Newcastle upon Tyne. E. E. Bamford (Contractors), Ltd., 3 Gibbon Street, Bishop Auckland, have had a lorry ,(61 tops) made over to them by Murphy Bros., Ltd., Melton Road. Syston.
NORTH-WEST, Seven articulated outfits (332 tons) have been added to the fleet operated by Harris Road Services, :Ltd., Lostock Graham. Mr. E. Crabtree, 79 Deanstones Lane, Queensbury, Bradford, has transferred a vehicle (I ton) to Mr. G. H. Cropper, 2 Breeze Hill; Liverpool, 9; one (31 tons) to B. Barnes and Sons, Ltd., Holm Bank Garage, Rawtenstall; and one (2:1 tons) to Messrs. Masons, 218 Hyde Road. Woodley, near Stockport. A vehicle (2 tons) taken, over from Messrs. R. W. Transport, 23 Gambier 'Terrace, Liverpool, 1, by Mr. A. Meador, 94 Chester Road, Whitby. Ellesmere Port, has been re-assigned to Wilde and Bennett, Ltd.. 75 Station Road, Hadfield.
Mr. Mealor has also transferred a vehicle (21 tons) to Wilde and Bennett.
Woodcocks Transport (Charley), Ltd., Park Road Garage. Heskin, near Charley, have sold two lorries (151 Ions) to Blue Line Transport (Prestwick). Ltd.. in the Scottish Traffic Area one (61 tons) to Seldom and Son, Ltd.. in the South Wales Traffic Area: one (3 tons) to Messrs. Meredith and Davies, 4 Clydach Dingle, Brynmawr; one (61 tons) to Mr. H. Sharpe, 1 Stafford Road. Aveley, Purfleet; and one (.5; tons) to Messrs. D. and K. Clark, in the Yorkshire Traffic Area.
M. McKenna, Ltd., Chapel Chambers, Chapel Street, Liverpool, 3, who have acquired an articulated outfit (71 tons) from J. E. Foster and Ca., address not known, have transferred three lorries (12) tons) to Messrs. McKenna and McNulty Bros., 8 Eaton Gardens, Liverpool, 12.
F. Rose, Ltd., Manchester Road Garage, Blackrod, near Choriey, have taken over five lorries (15!.: tons) from J. Billington, Ltd., Blackrod; Mr. A. Blairs, of the West Midland Traffic Area, one (31 tons) from Grayswood Transport, Ltd., Liverpool; Robert Wynn and Sons (Manchester), Ltd., 50 Shaftesbury Street, Newport, a lorry and a trailer (IS tons), and two articulated outfits (401 tons) from R. Wynn and Sons, Ltd., of the same address.
Other assignments authorized by the North Western Licensing Authority are: two lorries (111 tons) to Cusick (Oldham), Ltd., Thornton Street, Manchester, 9, by Mr. A. Cusick, 282 Frederick Street, Oldham; one (3 tons) to W. Barnes, Ltd., 6-8 Rain lord Square, Liverpool, 2, by Mr. G. Gordon, 14 Fairfield Close, Huyton, near LiverpoQl; two (11.1 tons), based in Salford, to Comberhill Motors, Ltd„ Olympia Garage, Ings Road, Wakefield, by Mr. L. C. Prosser, Teynham Garage, Peter. church; one (3 tons) to R. G. Evans (Transport), Ltd., 51 Garden Street, Salford, 7, by Mr. R. Lovatt, Edgehill Road, Royton; one (3 tons) to Messrs. L. Faulkner (Coaches), 7 Strawberry Hill Road, Bolton. by Mr. E. Walters, Monkseaton; one (21 tons) to W. Nuttall anti Sons, Ltd. Broadhurst Garage, Rake Lane, Clifton. Manchester, by Mr. J. Ball, Stacey Road Garage, Mansfield; one (31 tons) to Messrs. Phillips Transport (Liverpool). 2 Hope Way, Liverpool, 8, by Mr. A. K. Brine, 30 Hanford Avenue, 1 Orrell Park, Liverpool; one (31 tons) to Rhodes Bros. (Heywood), Ltd., 4 Garden Street, Heywood, by Heywood Motors, Ltd., Birch Garage, Heywood; and one (31 tons) to C. Walley (Jubilee Garage), Ltd., Jubilee Garage, Great Moreton, Congleton, by Messrs. J. and A. Turnock. Brek Kiln I.ane, Etruria, YORKSHIRE I. S. Stables (Kengenay Motors). Ltd., Dewsbury Road, Ossett, have bought and assigned a further seven lorries. One has gone (o Castle Bros. (Hauliers), Ltd., 245 Flland Road, Leeds; one to A. Binns, Ltd., Dewsbury Road Garage, Osseti; one to Messrs. E. arid J. B. Shaw, 42-44 Victoria Road, Lockwood; and four to S. Hughes (Commercial), Ltd., Dick Lane, .Brad
Sughes (Commercial) have, in turn, transferred Hughes
a lorry to Messrs. F. Mawr and Son, 11 Northgate, Huddersfield, and one to E. D. Berry (Warehousing), Ltd., Tealands Garage, Gomersal.
Two trailers, one of them a low-loader, have been made' over io Messrs. Sunter Bros., Northallerton, by Mr. W. F. Wight, 134 Alwoodley Lane, Leeds, who has , taken over a lorry from William Clarkson and Son (Leeds), Ltd., 120 Gomersal Road, Leeds. 4.
Link Road Transport (Hull). Ltd.,
114 Flute Street, Hull, have taken over four lorries from Fish Exports, Ltd.. of the same address; Mr. E. W. Skelton, 15 feather Sired, Keighley, one from Mr. R. Lovett, 4 Edge Hill Road, Royton, Lanes: and Shaws Transport Contractors (Howden), Ltd.. Red House, 75 Flatgatc, Howden, one front Mr. E. Shaw, of the same address.
Direct purchases have been made by M.
Foulds (Haulage), Ltd., Greenwood Street, Keighley, ol two lorries; Mr. S. Burden, 67 BontigaLe, Selby. one; and Proctors Transport, Ltd.. 27-29 Sheaf Street. Sheffield, one.
WEST MIDLANDS Another repeat purchase, again involving' eight lorries (?81 tons), has been made by Messrs. E. and J. Davis. Stockwell Road, Handsworrh, Birmingham.
Porzway Commercial Motors, Ltd., 81 Lodge Road, Redditch, have successfully 'tendered for their first ex-B.R.S. vehicles (four-12 tons).
Four lorries (30 tons) have been taken over by Wild, Condon, Ltd., 32 Glebe Street, Hanley, front Marc Transport (Audlem), Ltd., Audlern.
Mr. N. Beech, Hope Street, Hanky, has
transferred Iwo articulated oatlits (5.7 tons) to Mr. G. H. Ferrington, Glenholm, Admaston Road, Wellington, Salop; Messrs. C. Blake and Sop. Loxley, near Stratford-upon-Avon, a lorry (2'; tons) to Mr. J. A. Berry, 19 Lasky Menne, Warstock, Birmingham. 14; Roberts' 'Coaches,Ltd., Crewe, one (3 tons) to Mr. W. C. Coley, 128 Beauchamp Road, Billeslcy, Birmingham, 14: Bassett's Roadways, Ltd.,Tittensor, one (3 tons) to Mr. A. James, 34 Wood Street. Langton; Mr. G. A, P. Matthews, 159 Bromyarcl Road, Worcester, three (91 tons) to .Mrs. P. K. Matthews, of the same address;" Comberhill Motors, Ltd„ Wakefield, two (101 tons) to Mr. L. C.Prosser, TeynharnGarage, Pexrchurch; Murphy Bros., Ltd., Thurmaston.• onc (3 tons) to P4r". P. Shirley-Smith, 18 Whitelield Road, Solihull; and J, Hart and Sons, Ltd., Woodhouse Garage. 13iddulph, one (77: tons) to Joseph Hoyle (Transport), Ltd., Manchester.
EAST MIDLANDS IVIesrs. G. A. Golding and Son, Besthorpe Road, North &ark, Lincoln, have taken over a lorry from the Humber Warehousing Co., Ltd., Cammeringham, 1.ines.
S. W. Wreford and Sons, Ltd., Ransome Road, Far Cotton, Northampton. have transferred the drop-sided lorry (3 tons) they were reported last week to have acquired, to Messrs. F. Mallard, Wellingborough Road, Earls Barton, Northampton, EASTERN COUNTIES A direct repeat purchase has been made by Nicholls and Co. (Brighton), Ltd., 100 -North Road, Brighton. It comprised a lorry (21 tons) based in Cambridge.
Mr. V. J. Grange. 124 Bridge Street, Peterborough, who has taken over another 10 vehicles, including an articulated outfit,
has transferred all but two (6 tons) of them as follows: a lorry (3 tons) to Mr. J. W. Taylor, 3 Thorolds Way, Castor; one (3 tons) to Messrs. R. Knott and Son, Walton; one (3 tons) to Messrs. Steadman and Swain, in the East Midland 1 raffle Area; one (3 tons) to Lee's Diket Transport Co. (Enfield), Ltd., 372 Hertford Road. Enfield; one (3 tons) to Federated Conveyors, Ltd., 201 Trafford Road, Salford, 5; one (3 tons) to Mr. J. W. Bedford, 70 New Road, -Peterborough ; one (3 tons) to M. A. E. Markillie. Gull Drove, Guyhirn;and the articulated outfit (5,1 tons) to Mr. J. W. H. Spicer. Sunnyside, West Wratting. Mr. E. Mallinson, Triangle Garage, Sandy Road, Willington, has acquired a lorry (3i, tons) from, Mr. P. Sleeman, 38 Uxbridge Road, London, W.5, and one (3 tons) from Mr. W. Shelton, 290 Burdett Road, London, E.14, and assigned them to Willington Transport Supply.
Two morelorries have been transferred by 0. G. Barnard and Sons, Ltd., Station Road, Stowmarket. One (3 tons) has gone to Mr. D. J. Ingle, 103 Friday Street, West Row. and the other (31 tons) to Mr. C. B. Taylor, Thetford Road, Barnham, Mr. J. Tubby, 385 Whapioad Road. Lowestoft, has taken over an articulated outfit (9-; tons) based in Lowestoft. from Mr. S. Hughes, Leeds Road, Mirfield.
A special A licence for another vehicle (2 tons) held by Mr. J. Libby has been revoked on the transfer of the vehicle to an ordinary A licence (2l,tons).
Church Road Motors (Southend-en-Sea), Ltd.. The Chimes, London Road, Hadleigh. have added another four lorries to their fleet. Two of these (6",.tons) came flow' Mr. G. Malyon, 70 Chargeable Street. London. F.16; one (2, tons) front J. Fulton and Co., Ltd., Maiden Road. Tiptree: and one (3 tons) from Mr. W. He.mmings, 14 Grosvenor Road, ,Westcliff-on,Sea.
Mr. R, J. Ashling,; 277 Eastfield Road, Peterborough, has acquired an articulated outfit T3!„ tons) frorri Mr. M. A. Clarke, 4u3 Fulbridge Road, Werrington, and a lorry (3 tons) front Mr. H. F. Ternpleman, itt the East Midland Traffic Area.
The Eastern Licensing Authority has also authorized the assignment of a vehicle (2 tons) to Litlingtoo Transport Co., Ltd.,
Mill House, • Litlington, by Weseol. (Bradford), Ltd., Deanstones lane, Qucensbury: one (27 tons) to G. W. Bennett, Ltd., Elm Cottage, The Street. Weeley, by Mr. G. W. C. Bennett; and one (3 tons) to Mr. T. F. Groom, •19 I.ondon Road, Long Sutton, by G. and C. Johnson (Claxby), Ltd., North Kelsey.
• Yet another lorry has beth acquired by S. Ball and Son (Transport), Ltd., West End Garage, Chipping Sodbury. Itha-s an unladen weight of 7 tons 7 cwt. A lorry (7 tons 18 cwt.) has been transferred by S. Ball and Son to Mrs. 0. C. Sweeting, Nye Road. Sandford.
Mr. G. H, Martin, Lindleys, OrchardFeign. has taken over a lorry (I) tons) from Mr. R. J. Doling, The Spa Garage, Melksham; Mannings (Devon), Ltd., Exeter. one (3 tons) from Messrs. A. and B. H. Gregory. Exeter; and Mr. S. V. White. 92 Portwity. Warminster. one (3 tons) from the Warminster Motor Co., Ltd., 21 George Street. Warminster.
Three special A licences have been revoked on the transfer of the vehicles concerned to ordinary A licences. One, held by Messrs. Dixon and Boo!, Building 22, The Airport, Ca-rdif., was for a lorry (3.t tons); one. by Dixon -13ool (Transport). Ltd.. of the same address, a lorry tons): and the other by Mr. D. O. Jones, Fithinog, Pontwelly, llandyssnl, for n lorry (27 tons),
LONDON • AND HOME COUNTIES F. Eden anti Co„ Ltd„ 207a 13rompton Road. London, S.W.3, have successfully tindered for three lorries (8 tons 19 cwt.). 11 was their first purchase.
A repeat purchaser, Mr, F. W. Stokes.
95 Central Patk Road, London, 12.6, has taken over another three lorries (15' tuns
16 cwt.). •
Another successful repeat tenderer is Mr, •U C. Heaffey(Thornetts Depository), 79 Craven Park Road, London, N:W,11), who • has acquired Newington Butts unit 3002. comprising a Luton Van (2-[omi), Mrs. 1. A. Cropper, 49a Eagle Street, London, W.CT, has purchased a vehicle with an unladen weight of 1 ton.
-Eleven lorries (28 tons 14 cwt..) based at Chcssingron, have gone to Central -Garage (Bathgatel, Ltd., George Place, Batbgatc, Scotland. Three of these (8 tons -19 cwt.) have been transferred to Messrs.
• Alexandra. 25 Latigham Gardens, .London, N.21, and one (3)tons) to Mr. D. N. Catterall, Stone Hall Lodge, Oxted.
Fowler Bros. (Cowfold),•-tid... Cow fold, have taken' over a lorry.1rom1Vioby, Ltd., 18 'looks Court. London, E.C.4; Messrs. Clark's of Croydon. 882 London Road, Thornton Heath. one (3 'tons 14 •Owt-.) from. -B. and B. (Lowestoft), Ltd.„ _Wollaston Rciad, Lowestoft.; Cleeve, Hill Transport, Ltd., 98-100 Prestkury Road. Cheltenham, one (2 tons 19 cwt.) from Mr. J. Costelloc„ Prestbury Road. Cheltenham;. Whalebone Motors. Ltd.. 239-241 High Road, Chadwell Heath. one (2 tons 16 cwt.) from Mcs•srs. J. F. Roberts, 62 Wanlay Hill, Brentwood: and' F.R.E.D. Transport, Ltd., II Guiklford Road, Woking, three (9 tons 4 cwt.) from Mr. L. C. West, 15 The Broadway, Woking.
Other assignments authorized by the Metropolitan Licensing Authority ate: two lorries (6 tons). to Mrs. E. Adie;-, 129 Berkeley Court. London, ,N.W.15 by Mr, S.—Harris, 20 :Salem 1-10tise, '1VIonaing Lane. London, E.9; one (2i tons).-to Daeol Motors. Ltd., 30-40 Iloilo Bridge Road, London, W,3, by Collins and Stevenson (Goratacts), Ltd.,of the same address; one (3 tons 2 mt.) lo, Messrs. C. H. and a Hill, 30 Windmill' Hill, Enfield, by Lea Valley Construction Co., Ltd.. 79 Windmill Hill, Enfield; three (21 tons 9 cwt.) to Lavers 'Transport, Ltd., Lime Woiks, Dunton Green, Sevenoaks, by Mr. A. G. Lavers, of the same address; live (35 tons 13 cwt.) to Peacock Bros. (Transport), Ltd., 124 High Street, Dorking, by Messrs. Peacock Bros. Transport, of the same address; one (2 tons 17 cwt.) tri Mr. W. Wallis, 100 Dawes House, Rodney Estate, London, S,E.17. by Mr. T. W. Cooper, 98 Jenningharit Road, London, S.E:14: and two (4 tons 12 cwt.) and two trailers by A. Green (Haulage), Lttl., 12 Newland Street.. London, 12,16, by A. D. Thompson, Ltd., 273 Pcntonville Road, London, N.1.
The Authority hits also granted special A licences to: Graham Adams. Ltd.. Transport Wharf. Dickerage Lane, New Malden, for two lorries (5 tons 6 cwt.) and two trailers; Mr. S. Anderson. Wilson Road Garage, Newhouse, Motherwell, two lorries (9 tons 19 cwt.) based in London; Alfred Dexter, Ltd., 33 Southampton Street, London, W.C.2, one (5 tons); Mr. 3. Mertett, 10 Walnut Tree Road, London, S.E.10, two (5) tons): and Tozer's Transport, Ltd„ 123 Solehay Street, London, E.3, one 08