If you've noticed an error in this article please click here to report it so we can fix it.
• Daventry-based Geoff Amos Coaches has taken delivery of a Dennis Dorchester single-decker chassis with a 71-seater Wadham Stringer Vanguard Il PSV body.
The vehicle is fitted with bus-style seats trimmed with moquette, Treadmaster flooring, a single folding air-operated door, full luggage racks and a destination board. It will be used by the company on oneperson-operations.
• Volvo has won a major five-year contract to supply former NBC subsidiary Badgerline with 36 coaches and buses. The deal involves a newly-designed leasing and maintenance package; and all 36 vehicles will be based on Volvo BlOM chassis.
Ten of the BlOMs will be fitted with Plaxtons coach bodies while 12 will have double-deck Citybus bodies produced by Walter Alexander, which will also provide 14 single deck bodies.
• Recently-privatised Devon General has bought 25 new Ford Transit 190 minibuses fitted with bus bodies built by Mellor Coachcraft of Rochdale. The bodywork has been developed jointly by Mellor and Devon General, and provides seating for 16, with a further three passengers standing. In addition to the Transit bus body, Mellor provides luxury coach and welfare variants.
• Ensign Bus, the Puffleet, Essex-based bus and coach dealer, has successfully bid for the lion's share of the large number of Olympian double deckers currently being disposed of by West Yorkshire Passenger Transport Executive.
• National Travel (East) has been ordered to pay fines and costs totalling 2,060 by the Sheffield magistrates for failing to submit five coach tachographs for two-yearly tests.