Call our Sales Team on 0208 912 2120

Q am a mechanic in a workshop

13th February 1970
Page 61
Page 61, 13th February 1970 — Q am a mechanic in a workshop
Noticed an error?
If you've noticed an error in this article please click here to report it so we can fix it.

Which of the following most accurately describes the problem?

repairing heavy commercial vehicles. As part of my work I have to road-test vehicles after repair and I know I shall need an h.g.v. driver's licence What I would like to know is this: Which class of licence will need if I drive rigid vehicles and the tractive unit only of articulated outfits? We don't have the trailers in our workshop.

A You will need a class 2 licence if the ^ rigid vehicles you drive have three or more axles. If they only have two axles a class 3 licence will be sufficient. So far as the tractive units are concerned the same applies, because the tractive unit of an articulated outfit is classed as a rigid vehicle if a trailer is not attached. References to this point are made in the Road Traffic Act 1960 253(9) and the Heavy Goods Vehicles (Drivers' Licences) Regulations 1969.


comments powered by Disqus