Pull the other one!
If you've noticed an error in this article please click here to report it so we can fix it.
• A laser beam is used to measure th distance the sledge has moved with p point precision.
• A competitor has three minutes torn a measured pull when called to the Vac • After each tractor has pulled, the tre is graded and rolled so all competitors get a comparable surface.
• Super stock tractors can use diesel c methanol fuel, and up to four turbos. Po outputs are typically 2,500-3,500hp. Th maximum tractor weight is 3,500kg.
• Pro stock tractors are limited to one turbo and diesel fuel, but still squeeze over 1,200hp from an 8.3-litre engine. maximum tractor weight is 3,500kg.
• Multi-engined modified tractors are also restricted by weights, but compe in 2,500kg, 3,500kg and 4.500kg divisions. Power outputs go up to 10,000hp.
• Rear tyres can be up to 30.5in wide f modified and super stock tractors, and 24.5in wide for pro stock.
• The sled delivers a progressively increasing load, by weight transfer: the further you pull it, the heavier it become • Agricultural rear tyres are bolted to wheel rims to help them withstand 160km/h wheel speeds and low inflatio pressures typically around 5psi.
• Not even the power-crazed team's transporter escapes attention. The Volv FH12-420 tractor is chipped to around 500hp to operate at 26 tonnes all-up.